Hobart’s Eastern Shore embodies all that is great about Tasmania. Our lifestyle is second to none. From our pristine beaches, to the bustle of Rosny Park, it is a truly wonderful place, full of great people.
It is an honour and privilege to have been re-elected in 2018 to represent the people of the City of Clarence.
As your Alderman, I speak up for the thousands of Eastern Shore residents and families who deserve continued improvements in public transport and roads, who deserve quality sporting facilities, parks and playgrounds, and who deserve safe neighbourhoods.
I live in Lindisfarne with my partner Melina and between us we have five children, two cats and a dog. Together we enjoy all that our beautiful and diverse city has to offer.
I have a professional background, having led a national industry association and managed the government and corporate relations for both a large private Tasmanian company as well as a top-50 ASX-listed entity. I have also worked as a political adviser for Liberal governments at both a state and federal level and I am presently the Chief Executive Officer of the Tasmanian Racing Club.
In addition to my Master of Business Administration (MBA), I am a graduate (GAICD) and Fellow (FAICD) of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, as well as a Fellow of the Institute of Managers and Leaders (FIML).
I am also:
- Chairman of Parents Beyond Breakup – a national suicide prevention charity;
- A Director of Cancer Council Tasmania;
- Senior Vice President, Clarence District Football Club; and
- Director, C Cell Pty Ltd.
I’ve done a few other things too:
- Alderman, Clarence City Council (2000 – 2008);
- Member, Premier’s Local Government Council (2019 – 2021)
- Member, General Management Committee of the Local Government Association of Tasmania (LGAT) (2019-2021);
- Multicultural Ambassador for Tasmania, The Mental Health Foundation Australia (2020 -2021);
- Deputy Chairman, The Education Foundation of Tasmania (2008-2009);
- Director, National Board, Variety the Children’s Charity, Australia (2006 -2009);
- Chairman, Variety the Children’s Charity, Tasmania (2008-2010);
- Director, Variety the Children’s Charity, Tasmania (2001 – 2010);
- Vice-Chairman, Property Council of Australia (Tasmanian Division) (2009-2011);
- Director, Crime Stoppers Tasmania (2006 -2010); and
- Director, Migrant Resource Centre (Southern Tasmania) (1999-2004).
My number one goal is to ensure that every part of the Clarence municipality continues to get its fair share and is well represented on Council.
If the people of Clarence need something, I will not stop fighting for them.
If you have any ideas or want to discuss an issue, please contact me as I’d love to hear from you and help you.